Friday, September 23, 2005

What It's All About

For everyone's benefit, I'm going to give you all a brief synopsis of the book that has just been released into the literary jungle:

As a child, Henry (the main character) had always dreamed of being an astronaut. As time passed and circumstances developed, he found his dream frustrated; and ended up a civil engineer instead. He found himself never satisfied with what he was doing, and the frustration grew over the years, until he finally quit his job and moved back home to start a business with his father and another party.

And then he had a dream.

The dream turned his life upside-down, and gave him a glimmer of hope that his dream would be fulfilled. But not as an astronaut, per se: in the dream--the vision, if you will--he learns of a way to build a faster-than-light starship; and he is urged to complete this ship or else all of humanity may perish.

The remainder of the book has Henry and a small group of people dodging the government, trying to get their hands on the new technology; among other things I care not to divulge here lest I give away the plot of the book.

The underlying theme behind the book is the constant improvement of a person, as well as of humanity and society in general. I hope I sufficiently convey this theme to my readers.

I hope you take the time to read this work. It is, to date, my magnum opus; and I hope everyone who reads this book can share in the dream of Henry.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mutt said...

how many books are going to be in the series?
(I don't know if you read comments in this blog) Maybe if you didn't have like 3 different blogs on the go, I could guess ;)

It sounds awesome, the plot sounds 'magnum opussy'. Wait.. that didn't come out right. I mean it sounds like a magnum opus

9:08 AM, September 26, 2005  
Blogger xanadian said...

Yes, I check this blog for comments all the time. That's how lame/desperate/whatever I am. ;-)

I'm not sure how many there will be in the series. There are five that are "written." Of these five, only one is "complete," and it is the book on Amazon.com right now (and maybe bookstores if I can kiss the right asses). The other four are in different states of editing and/or revamping. I have even considered completely scrapping everything from the end of Book One and redoing it all. It depends on my mood.

Thanks for stopping by!

4:47 PM, September 26, 2005  
Blogger Mutt said...

Hopefully you kick the right asses, I'll buy it once I can buy it properly, but my parents have a thing about buying things over the internet.

I have to admit, i'm not a huge fan of the front cover, I havn't read it obviously, so it maybe amazingly appropriate, but the rainbow and font as such, doesn't grab me as a potential reader. Just thought I'd share. But the plot does sound interesting, I don't know why but it reminded me of Asimov's Foundation, isn't that bizarre?

12:37 AM, September 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home