Wednesday, October 05, 2005

There's constructive criticism, and then there's this.

Now, if someone were to come along, read some of my book, and say, "your book sucks, and here's why: the character Henry has no depth, etc, etc," that would be OK. I wouldn't be happy, but there would be some substance to the comment.

And then there's this:

ANDREW MAGBALLS went

<< who cares, not me >>


Ahhh, nostalgia. It's like being back in fourth grade with all the prepubescent brats screaming purple-faced on the playground. Except they called me "Magnet" (did they think I was attractive or something? Too disturbing) or "Maggots". "Magballs" is a new one on me.

Here's the rest of this guy's post:

welcome to the machine
the dark side of the moon
animals prowl
relics can be found
see emily play

when you get past ee doc smith territory, lensman, go straight to the
white zone.


Uh, okay. Pink Floyd quotes. Been there, done that. Does this bear any relevance to the topic at hand? No. I'm surprised the guy didn't end his post with, "wah wah wah and I want my cookie too! " No, that wasn't a Pink Floyd quote. Although it does remind me of the song "Money" for some reason.

There's more the same on this post. And to make sure nobody can outdo him before he can, he goes on a rant about nudists, pedophiles and Nixon in a later post.

What...

The...

Fuck.

Apparently, this guy didn't pay much attention in his D.A.R.E. class. DON'T DO DRUGS! I mean, is this the best this guy can do? He spouts irrelevant and worthless drivel, expecting to come off witty. Didn't happen. Sorry. No cookie for you. You weren't witty, you weren't clever...hell, you were barely even coherent! Maybe I would've "got it" if I were tripping on acid or had done some whip-its, but such is not the case.

Now, if this guy had read some of the excerpts posted (WAY) below on this site and pointed out flaws with logically thought-out arguments, that would've been fine. But I think this guy must be off his meds (or on too many of the wrong kind). That's fine. Because as long as I entertain one person with my work, social degenerates like this can lick my asscrack. How's that for witty?

PS: For those not familiar with Usenet terminology (or internet terminology in general), what this guy did was write a "flame" post.

PS2: They (adults when I was a kid) told me to ignore bullying tactics because they (the bullies) were just spoiled (or, on the opposite end of the spectrum, neglected) children who were looking for attention. So maybe I should be feeling sorry for this guy and just simply leave the thread alone. But I'm afraid I'm just too outspoken to not lash out and verbally bitchslap this loser. At least I'm only going to rant here. I'm so tempted to respond to the usenet thread, but that would be giving the mental ward patient what he wants: attention.

I'm done now.

1 Comments:

Blogger xanadian said...

I never got a t-shirt. *sniff*

If you see my more recent rant on this guy, you'll see that I'm posing the hypothesis that maybe this guy isn't completely ... stable. So perhaps I was being too harsh. I don't know.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by!

3:27 PM, October 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home