Thursday, March 10, 2005

Status as of March 10, 2005

I sent an email to my publisher, trying to find out where in the publishing process my book was being held up. Here's the response I received:

You are now with the text production department, and your book will follow the schedule outlined on the AQ web page.

I'm sorry I can't give you a date of any kind at this time, and your proofer might be several months more before they contact you, but after that the pace will pick up.

Thank you and gook luck!

So that's that. The manuscript officially went to the publisher on November 4, 2004, so it has been just over 4 months. I'm hoping some progress is made soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be interested in knowing who your publisher is and is it a print on demand company? Thanks.
wamontek@comcast.net

12:05 PM, July 19, 2005  
Blogger xanadian said...

The publisher is Publish America. I believe they do both kinds of printing, both offset (bulk) and print on demand. Their "About Us" page can be found here. I'm assuming my book will be print on demand unless there is a high demand for the book; then they will send it off for offset printing. That's how I understand it.

6:03 PM, July 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home